According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), drinking water every day is important for your health. Drinking water can prevent dehydration, a condition that can cause unclear thinking, result in mood change, cause your body to overheat and more. Water has no calories, so it can also help with managing body weight and reducing calorie intake when substituted for drinks with calories, such as sweet tea or soda.
American Water is delighted to share 5 simple ways to stay hydrated and drink more water daily:
1. Drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning helps you to stay hydrated throughout the day.
2. Find an app to track your water intake, which can show you how much more water you may need to drink each day to stay hydrated.
3. You are more likely to drink water if it is with you, so carry a water bottle throughout your day.
4. Be deliberate and take a few sips of water between work tasks throughout your day.
5. Before you raid the fridge, try taking a sip of water instead. Sometimes our bodies feel hungry, but we are actually dehydrated.
For more tips on how to stay hydrated click here.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs approximately 6,500 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an estimated 14 million people in 24 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable, and reliable water services to our customers to help keep their lives flowing.